Members at Ould Newbury may join one of several golf leagues, which play on a weekly basis.
Twi-Lite League (CONCLUDED FOR THE 2011 SEASON)
- Limited to Regular Members
- 2011 Opening Night Scramble: May 3 (tentative). Nine hole "Meet Your Team" scramble, 5:00 p.m. tee-off. Hors d'oeuvres and prize awards to follow.
- Play begins Tuesday, May 10
- Dues: $30 registration fee and $5 per playing date (payable whether or not you play) A separate $5 fee will be charged for the Scramble as well.
- Tee-off times: 5:30 p.m. deadline but players are encourage to tee off as early as 4:30 p.m. Tees #1, #4, and #7 will be the starting tees (see schedule).
- Sign-Up Deadline: Monday, April 112th. Sign up sheet will be posted in club on Opening Day
- New Members: Members will be accepted on a first sign-up basis according to the following formula:
- Previous member
- Repeats from previous sign-up sheet
- New applicants
- Substitutes will be allowed every week.
- Special team prizes will be awarded during the last three weeks.
- Twi-light Supper: You must sign up before you tee off. The kitchen will be presenting a variety of meals throughout the season.
- CLOSING BANQUET & AWARD NIGHT: Tuesday, two weeks after final match.
Thursday Night League
- Thursday nights beginning in April and going through September 2010.
- Tee times are 4:30 - 6:00 p.m.
- 9 holes, quota format
- There is an 18 hole tournament / awards dinner (date to be announced)
- Entry fee of $30 to join the league and $10 per night
- Prizes are awarded each Thursday.
- Up to 68 members
- See Jim or Judy Hilton in the Pro Shop for sign-up details and other particulars.
Tuesday Morning Ladies' League
- The Tuesday Morning Ladies' League is open to members and to the public.
- Members: Included with membership in ONGC Ladies League
- $2 per day playing fee
- Non-members: $40 to join, plus greens fees
- Tee times are 8:30 a.m. Tuesday mornings
- Play begins April 25 end ends September 27 (players may join at any time throughout the season)
- 9-hole League follows the 18-hole tee times
Ladybug Leauge (CONCLUDED FOR THE 2011 SEASON)
- The Ladybug League will begin its 22nd season, meeting on Monday nights (4 p.m. sign in) for nine holes of match play.
- Membership: You must have an established a handicap of 45 or less and be a member of the Ould Newbury Ladies League to play in the Ladybug League (as of 2010, the two leagues have merged). Nominal dues of $10 to cover the logistical costs of the Ladybug League are required.
- Commitment: We ask for a regular commitment because you will be part of a team that depends on your attendance. If you know in advance you cannot make all but one or two matches, please sign up as a substitute versus a regular, weekly player.
- Format: Four-women teams who play two-person best ball for nine holes each week. Teams are made up by handicap, with A (Captain), B, C, and D players. Your captain will notify you of your team prior to the opening scramble.
- Substitutes: Contact Louise Healey or Judy Hilton if you need a sub (call as early as possible!).
- Dinner: A light dinner will be available after play for a nominal fee; sign up in the Pro Shop prior to play in if interested.
- Sign-up: First preference is given to those who have previously been in the League, then to prior substitutes, and finally to new applicants. Substitutes are always needed and welcome to play each week after the scheduled teams if not needed for the night. Sign up early (on bulletin board outside the Ladies Locker Room or by calling Barbara Knight) because the League will close when the limit is reached.
- Fees: $10 per person for the season. Make checks out to Ould Newbury Ladies League.
Return to Top